Monday, August 13, 2007

Project Extrapolation


So I thought it was about time I actually posted here explaining what it is I intend to do for my project this semester. As it still yet stands, I am not 100% sure on what I want my project to become, all I know is what I want to work with, and how I want to work with it.

1 ) I want to work with sound and video
2 ) I want to work in processing
3 ) I want to work in 2d and 3d

Using those three parametres, I think currently what I'd like to make are sound-reactive dynamic 3d visuals. Or a least one set of visuals.

Ok, so that's a lot of work. The first question many people would ask is am I capable of achieving this ? Yes. I think I am. I've spent the holidays and last few weeks brushing up on my programming skills ( I've still got a bit of a way to go, but that's what the next few days / weeks are for ), and I've started doing sound experiements in processing.

I'm going to bring a copy of my very simple version 1 beat detector into class tomorrow to see what the tutors and lecturers think of my idea and possible venues for project ideas. Tomorrow I will look into getting web hosting for the .java files and videos. I may end up using vimeo and my optusnet hosting space, but we will see what becomes available to me.

I'm looking forward to this semester, it will be good to have full control and not have to rely on unreliable group members. Let's hope things move smoothly from here.

No comments: