Monday, August 13, 2007

Project Choices

So I've thought of something. It came to me during todays lecture. It requires a bit of history though. It's all about some Not So Impressive Entertainers.

Back in early July I needed something to help keep me sane over the holidays. So, inspired by one of my favourite artists ( Scott C ) I decided to create a "series" of images. And so I came up with the "Not So Impressive Entertainers". A collection of the worst, most pathetic, and unusual entertainers that one could think of. Ideally I wanted to come up with about 100 of them, get them all printed out and displayed somewhere.

So, During todays lecture, it came to me. I could do these as my project!

To give you an example, here are the first 6 NSIEs ( and the blogposts that accompany them, ensure you read the comment reply from "wonko" as he's been providing little biographies as they come :

I. Pretty Ordinary Hat Man
II. Squid Man
III. The Pied Piper of Greater South-East Queensland
IV. Charles and his Amazing Performing Pancreas
V. Lionel the Brussel Sprout Tamer
VI. Sicko the Clown

So I'm mainly posting this here so you can see my thought process and the options I'm going through. Both projects have pros and cons. However I think the way I'm leaning at the moment is to keep NSIE as a side-project, a more personal thing - and focus all my efforts on my sound-based project.

Any thoughts ?
To quote a friend , "Tap tap, is this thing on ?"
- Anthony

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like both ideas very much but considering this subject is basically all about evolving (etc.) I think the beatmatching idea is a lot more suitable - not to mention I also have a keen interest in the relationship between sound and visual.

Maybe check out BT's This Binary Universe for a top-class 5.1 DTS taste of visualised sound :-) very good DVD.

Anthony Massingham said...

Yeah, I'm definately leaning towards the visuals now . . . Been thinking about it all day. Will post another entry tomorrow night. Try and break it down a little further. Thanks Dave.

Brendan. said...

I'm liking the beat detector more as a project than the NSIE. I think the NSIE may be better suited as a hobby, as it has a known outcome - if that makes sense.

I think with the beat detector, it could be really interesting as an experimental project - a chance to play around with a range of outcomes while you still can.

Lots of love- Brendan.